Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Speedy Post.

Let me get straight to the point. I have a definition to share. There seems to be some confusion as to what exactly is meant when we say we like someone, or are in love with someone, or love them.

In my mind, they are three different things. Not unrelated. But still different.

Let me clear it all up. As simply as I can.

Liking someone is when you have that heart-pounding, Wow-They're-Amazing feeling. You love being around them, and you're really nervous when you are.

Being in love with someone is having that same heart-pounding, liking feeling when you're in their presence. And feeling horrible and depressed when you aren't.

Loving someone is staying with them even when the mushy liking feeling is gone, and the urge to get away from them seems too great.

There. Thats it. Just some of my thoughts. I'll be the first to confess I know very little, but after spending the better part of a year in the latter two stages with a certain girl named Meg. I think I understand what love is. Succeeding in it is a different matter entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment