Friday, May 6, 2011

Hey Honey

Yes, I know. Im a sap. Well, this is a song I wrote today. Thats misleading though. Its been bouncing around in my head for a week or so. Anyway, the girl to whom this song was written went to bed before I could finish it. I didn't have the patience to wait for tomorrow morning. So she'll see this for the first time on here. This whole post is really about her. Its only goal is to get her to smile and feel as loved as she is. If other people marvel at my mastery of the English language, then so be it. Yes, im cute. And Im aware of it.

Before I post the song,  something comes first.

Here is the wicked sweet album cover I designed for this.



Hey Honey


Hey Honey

You should know

This by now

It can’t be all that hard

To figure me out


I love you to death

And a half

So much more

Than life itself

But being halfway

Across the galaxy

From you, left me

Speechless to say the least

(Oh, I was speechless when you left me)


My Dear Meg, I am

Lonely and curled

Up in a ball

Wishing away the world


Wishing I was safe

And warm and all

Wrapped up in your arms


But Im not, Honey

So these things which Im singing

To you

Across a million lonely light-years

Will just have to do


Did you read the fine print?

When you signed up for this?

I think not

You sure missed out on a lot

All because of one misplaced thought


Oh Honey

There’s so much more than me

Within your reach

Your eyes

 They harmonize

 With the deep sighs

Of a late August night

Thoughts of your freckles

Tend to sparkle

Always inside my mind

And when your hair flows

And dances in the sunlight

I try to catch my breath

But can’t hold on

Cause, Honey, you’re all that I want


It was due to

Some unseen twist of fate

That led me straight

Into the arms

Of the only girl

Who could see me

As the most worthy guy in the world

And Honey,

For you I’ll forever be


The only guy

Worth your time to need


This is painful

And I am aware

I’d give most anything

To have you here not there


To hear you sing

This along with me

But we’re far too far away

And the miles don’t seem to care


Honey, don’t you dare forget

The joy and wonder

And Heaven that lies ahead

Centuries from now

We’ll be sitting down

Looking back on this

And trying to capture

The only moment

We’ll have to relive


Honey, what will we do?
With the too few moments
I’ll have with you?

*Whispers* So, Meg? What do you think? I think this is one of my better songs. Not to sound arrogant. :)

2 comments: