Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Jeeves, Jeeves, Jeeves, Jeeves, and Jeeves.

"If you've got it all figured out, then what is there to shout about?"

*sighs*

I love it when one line from one song has such a diverse meaning. That's right, I can sing that line to five different people and it will have a different meaning for each of those people.

Dear Jeeves,
You get this, don't you?
Sincerely,
Me



Dear Jeeves,
Do you wish the same thing I do? I sure hope so. The memory I have regarding you is probably the same one you'd have. I had this thought the very first time I heard this song.
Sincerely,
Me



Dear Jeeves,
Its not as easy as you thought, is it?
Sincerely,
Me



Dear Jeeves,
I'll always be listening anyway. I promise.
Sincerely,
Me



Dear Jeeves,
I guess we meant it. That one time.
Sincerely,
Me


I suppose the obvious question begs to be answered. Why am I doing this if explaining it is too personal? I am not quite sure. It does seem silly, doesn't it? I guess it helps me somehow. Its therapeutic in a weird sort of way. Its my way of sending all the messages that I've always wanted to.

Granted, those messages will probably never be received due to several inhibiting factors. But that's ok too. I don't really mind. The point isn't for them to know what I'm saying, merely for me to say it.

The beauty of that line is that within the song, specific memories, and what I picture in my head whilst listening to it, there is so much there. Tiny nuances make the meaning change entirely. And the best part is, I'm the only person who would understand the references I made by posting that lyric. I think that's why I like it so much. Its like an inside joke between Me, Myself and I.

Part of me wants nothing more than to explain myself. The other part of me is terrified at the thought. In fact, I'd prefer it if none of these Jeeves ever discovered their Jeevesness. They'd start asking questions, listen to the song, maybe get the wrong idea. Or even worse, they might get the right one.

I guess they'll never know. But I will. And I do. Its a question I'd love answered but I know I couldn't bear it if it were. I'd rather not know what they'd think if I told them what my thoughts behind it were.

Sincerely,
Hi_am J

P.S. 1313131311

No comments:

Post a Comment