Friday, May 20, 2011

Pirates and Ninjas

This weekend, at the movie theater where I am employed, we got Pirates Of The Caribbean 4. I have all these pirate-loving customers coming into my line. Don't get me wrong. I have absolutely nothing against pirates. I find them to be cool and awesome and, in general, a group of people who really have their collective accent down pat. Seriously, that kind of organization from a rag-tag group of thieves is impressive. They should get a medal or something.

There's just one problem. I like ninjas better. So when I'm dealing with person after person who falls on the "pirate" side of the fence, it begins to feel like I'm breaking some sort of a rule. Which is ironic, since the only rule pirates hold with any consistency is to break as many rules as possible.

Sure, pirates have Johnny Depp. But honestly? As anything other than Jack Sparrow, the dude scares me.

Ninjas have turtles. And a whole bunch of Asians.

Pirates do what? Drink rum? Steal stuff? Figure out how to NOT bathe for as long as possible? Abandon all morality? They're basically college students with awesome accents and a great fashion sense. Think gay Australian college students.

Ninjas are practically invisible. They can kill anyone without being seen. They have a code of honor. They also have a fantastic fashion sense. AND they have turtles. Need anymore be said? I thought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment