Monday, May 16, 2011

Missed something.

My last post a few minutes ago was about forgiving our enemies. In reading it over, I discovered a huge point I missed. Instead of writing it in now, Im making this a seperate, yet connected post.

What could I in my infinite and unspeakable wisdom have possibly missed, you ask? (That was sarcasm for those reading this. You can actually speak about my infinite wisdom quite easily. Seriously. It rolls off the tongue. Try it. "Nate's wisdom astounds me!" Try saying that! You'll feel better about yourself, your quality of life will sky-rocket and maybe even take out a satellite or two, and you won't need to worry about your fiber in-take. Don't believe me? Say it for yourself. Just make sure to relish the pronunciation of "wisdom." Thats where the irreplacable joy comes from.) ((That was actually sarcasm too. Don't worry. You won't see anymore of that from me.)) (((Aaaannnndddd...that was sarcasm too. I need help.))) ((((That wasn't sarcasm.))))

Anyway, back to what I missed. I missed Romans 5:8. Which is...

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Here I am bemoaning my fate and lot in life. I have to forgive my enemies! The horrors! Yet I managed to forget that my savior Jesus Christ did the same thing for me 2000 years ago. Actually he did more. I had rebelled against Him in every area. And what did He do? He forgave me, sure. But He had to die a brutally painful death on the cross to do so. Now, who am I to complain about forgiving someone who hurt me?

No comments:

Post a Comment