Friday, April 1, 2011

The Disney Channel called...They want their pathetic attempt at humor back.

What? What was that? A cheap shot at a TV station centering around children's entertainment? Not funny, you say? Well, frankly, Im not surprised. I've been getting that feeling a lot lately.

Yes, yes, I know. The title is an over-used joke. I've probably bored everyone to sleep anyway. No one will notice. After all, wit's all been done before, right? Including that, you say? Of course, it has. *hangs head*

I'd love to give up now. I'd love to stop trying to coax smiles out of everyone around me. I'm losing their attention anyway. There's always someone more interesting. It feels like I'm telling jokes to myself in an empty room. It feels hollow. Like my audience has moved on to bigger and better things.

But I can't stop. As shallow as it sounds, I rather liked the attention. And I guess I can't blame anyone. I'll admit it. There is always someone more amusing. Such is life. Talents abandon us to the worst kind of desolation, while we watch someone else stand in our old spotlight.

It'll be a jarring transition going back to amusing just myself. But maybe a nice one. Sure, its quiet and lonely laughing alone, but sometimes thats the most fun. Starting now, I'm shifting the focus from this blog being things I think will be amusing to those brave enough to read it, to things I find amusing. (Not that my posts didn't amuse me at all. The focus was just different. I wouldn't post things I thought only I would get.) And who knows! Maybe I won't be the only one to laugh. We shall see, Stephen. We shall see.

--Hiram The Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment