Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dear Nameless Brief Composition Written Or Adapted For Singing.

Dear Nameless Brief Composition Written Or Adapted For Singing

The years
They've been about as kind to you
As a certain forsaken hair-do
Its called the "mullet"
And it would take a bullet
To the cranium
If it were ever compared to you
Then blessed havoc would ensue


I've sworn myself to secrecy
Not to call you by name
Because I have the decency
Of a friendly softball game
But I'm not beyond
Dropping a hint or two
Don't you dare abscond
But if you do
Take your crappy, over-played, anal-tract-extracted, nausea-inducing, circa 1998 melancholy vibe with you

I must admit
My chest feels lighter
With every well-placed hit
To the fiber
Of your soul
I'm fresh out of self-control
And your chorus
Has long-since gotten old

The truth is
You bring to mind
A horrible time
One I've almost banished
From my consciousness
Its nothing personal
But you can take
A flying leap
Into a luke-warm bowl of corn flakes
I promise not to weep
Or even lose a moment of sleep
Have fun dying a slow
And painful death
In the silence of the radio
I won't be attending your funeral

Yeah...That was harsh, I know. I'm sure you're guessing what song is the center of my hatred. Guess all you wish. The secret is mine. Though I'm willing to bet someone will figure it out. Until then you can all ponder it.

No comments:

Post a Comment