Monday, April 18, 2011

Of Allergies, Greek Mythology, Rhythm, Guatemala, Wizardy, and the name "Dewayne"

My brain works in funny ways. This song is proof of that. I wrote it. Enjoy.

Of Allergies, Greek Mythology, Rhythm, Guatemala, Wizardry, and the name "Dewayne"

I'd ask you
To excuse
My constant sneezing
But I can't seem
To get past all this wheezing
Long enough to say what needs to be said
It doesn't help
That its feels like a Titan
Stomped on my head

This dander and pollen
Im inhaling
Turned me from standing
Into fallen
But at the very least
I'm not quite Guatemalan
(Oh! Not quite Guatemalan)
I'd get a burst of adrenaline
Far beyond comparison
If I were Central American

Then my lack of rhythm
Would become
Oddly unbecoming
And impossible to explain
Which would cause my fear
To remain
And so scared would I be
I'd have to change my name
To some variation of "Dewayne"
Which, of course,
Would bring to mind
So many questions
That the previous
Would seem but fourths

They'd shower me
With inquiry
Which would, in turn,
Force me
To go on Reality TV
And announce my history
Somewhat bitterly
But it won't be trickery
Not even inwardly
When I begin to practice wizardry
To deal with my misery

Years later
I'll discover
A brand-new magic drug
With a clever slogan
Sold by a handsome spokesman
Who goes by the name of "Nolan"

The miracle medicine
Will do its job
And I'll be left
WIth what I sought
Only to realize
Its not what I want
And I'll miss my allergies
Once I only have memories
And the name "Dewayne"

Yeah...Im not sure about me either...


No comments:

Post a Comment