Monday, April 4, 2011

"Boil em, Mash em, Stick em in a stew." -Samwise Gamgee

To my horror, I discovered that today is Tater Day. Not as in regular, nice, all-around average potatoes. Its a day that celebrates the most acursed vegetable ever to exist: Sweet Potatoes.

I honestly can't see why anyone eats them of their own free will. They look gross, taste gross, feel gross, and smell gross. The only redeeming qualities I could imagine are A. Vitamins. (To that I say, vitamins shmitavins. They make these really cool things now. They're called vitamins that you swallow. And they don't taste like a potato thats been dipped in rabbits blood and left outside to rot.) and B. I've heard they make excellent insulation in the arctic regions of the earth. Seriously, there's a whole documentary on it that PBS did back in '07. In fact, some companies even install the Sweet Potato Insulation (Or Y.A.M. as they like to call it. Its short for Yams And Magic.) the way it was done in Norway thousands of years ago. The one significant disclaimer is that the pungent smell erases your entire ability to smell other things in about a week. Details, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment