Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Life In 10 Songs or Less...

I. Love. Music. It gives me life. It describes my life. In fact, the music that I love doesn't belong to one specific genre. Its just music that fits or describes a time in my life. If I can relate to it, I love it. Its that simple.

There's a reason my Ipod is named Donny. Which is short for "Il Donatore Di Vita." Which is Italian for "The giver of life." Appropriate? I think so. I listen to music almost constantly. Its more than background music to me. Its my soundtrack. And thats the point of this whole post. If your life had a soundtrack, what would the songs be? I have the list planned out. If my life were a movie, these songs would play and they would play in this order. As painstaking as the narrowing-down process was, I limited myself to 10 songs. Any more and it would run the risk of just being a list of songs I like. This is as brief as I could manage. And even then, there are two or three songs protesting to gain their rightful place on this list. Maybe I'll add them sometime. For now, they just feel too honest.

So this is it. My life in 10 songs. Feel free to listen to them all. (I provided links for all of them like the swell guy I am.) Or listen to a few. It doesn't really matter. But if you want to know the gist of my story they're all in these songs. Of course, some things are left out. Whole songs would have been perfect, but I just wanted 10.

I'll admit. I'm tempted to explain why I chose each specific one. But frankly, I'd rather no one knew. Besides, you probably wouldn't care. All you need to know is that each song has a specific moment or person it reminds me of.

God. Family. Friends. Enemies. My Best Friend. They're all in there. So are moments of Salvation, Renewal, Heartbreak, Fear, Courage, and Love. Its quite a story if you ask me. But, then again, I'm a little bit biased.


1. In Christ Alone - Owl City

2. It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects

3.Who I Am Hates Who I've Been - Relient K

4. I Am Understood? - Relient K
5. Without You - Brighten

6. King For A Day - Forever The Sickest Kids

7. Setting Sail - Port Blue

8. Louder Than Words - Heyhihello

9. Lead Me - Sanctus Real

10. Look After You - The Fray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment