Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sidereally Pensive? Not quite.

My hands were twitching and sweaty. My back felt rubbery and like I needed to crack it. The prayers seemed to be winding down. For that, I was glad. Not because I didn't like Prayer Meeting. I love it. I just needed to stretch my legs and walk around. The room was suffocating me.

Then after a lull in the prayers, one of the noticably silent men started to pray. He prays every week and for several reasons I always look forward to it. For months and months God has used him as an encouragement to me. My wandering mind began to pay attention again.

Lo and behold, he was praying for God to keep us focused on Him throughout the week. Instantly, I knew that I hadn't been doing very well in that area. Not lately. Life has been crazy and, as a result, I've been more focused on this world and its problems than God and His plan for me.

My thoughts and attention have been pointed like a laser on the ground in front of me. I've been trying to force my way through life under my own power. That won't end well, and yet I continue fighting God's gentle whispers. Well, He won't keep whispering for long. If I don't turn back to Him, He'll start being more forceful.

How do I know that, you ask? Because He loves me and He knows that what I need is to be with Him. So, even if it causes me momentary discomfort, He'll drag me back to Him. Still, I'd rather not be dragged. I'd rather go willingly the first time.

If you wouldn't mind, please pray for me. Pray that my focus stays on God and heavenly things.

Pray that I spend my nights staring at the stars and whispering praises to the Creator, instead of lamenting the day ahead of me.

Now seems like a perfect time to start. I'm gonna go to bed early. I won't be blogging tonight. Or doing school work. I'm just going to talk to God. Its time we had a good, long talk. Its time I remember how to be sidereally pensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment