Tuesday, September 27, 2011

If you ever come back...

... I'll have a grin capable of blinding the most UV protected eyeballs. There won't be any stinkin' sunglasses impairing that beaming.

...Hugs would be passed around to all.

...I'll sit you down and fill you in on the best two years of my life.

...I'll glare at you for missing them.

...I'll be a little bitter that you weren't here when I needed you.

...I'll tell you that I forgave you a long time ago.

...We can celebrate you being here for the rest of my life.

...I'll take on full-time babysitting again.

...You'll see how easy it would have been for you to come back at any point.

...You'll see why you never should have left.

...We won't be missing 3/8ths of this family.

...You can meet the girl who made us eighths. And your future sister.

...I can teach you how to play Fluxx.

...I might have someone who gets how my brain feels right now.

...We could talk for hours at night and remember our amazing childhoods.

...I'd be the happiest, proudest, most thankful little brother.

...Kay and Kalli wouldn't leave my arms, except to maybe go to Josh's.

...I'd stop randomly thinking about Alabama.

...Life might feel just a bit more sane.

...I'd tell you that I have never, don't, and will never think of you as a step sister. It still seems weird to think of that. I know it. I just don't believe it.

...I'd stop having niece withdrawals.

...I'd try to tell you and show you just how much God loves you.

...I'd feel like an 11 year old boy again, looking up to his big sister with a brand new license.

...I'd wonder why things couldn't have been different.

...I'll know why they weren't.

...I'd have both Megs with me.

...I'd listen to a certain Relient K song on repeat.

...I'd squeeze you and tell you I love you, because the last time I did I was barely 16. I'm now almost 18. We're way overdue.

...I'd be super happy as you get acquainted with my best friend. (You two are bound to like each other. Its fate.)

...We could maybe argue again. (I miss that so much...)

...I'd be me again.


"If you ever come back
There'll be a smile on my face and the kettle on
And it will be just like you were never gone."
--If You Ever Come Back by The Script

No comments:

Post a Comment