Monday, July 18, 2011

Glowy & Beamy - For The Chorus

This is numero dos in a series of posts about what lights up my life, face, and Christmas tree collection.

I live in a world that feels like it's riding a merry-go-round after having a few thousand beers and eating an egg salad sandwich. I'm nauseous and nervous. Tired and terrified. Frustrated and fearful. "This can't end well!" My Brain screams. My Heart counters with, "This is what you want!" And My Soul clarifies with, "This is what God asks of you."

Every once in a while, those three thoughts fit neatly together. Its only when I'm with my best friend that it does. I was with my best friend tonight. We were in my car zipping down Route 28 and blasting Owl City as we headed to her home. She nestled into her seat and closed her eyes, letting the music wash over her. She only stopped looking so stunningly beautiful and peaceful to mumble an "I love you" or two.

I was "home". Not the place, but rather the heart.

I took in the sight of the streetlights as they leapt past. I could almost see the wafting steam of my melting frustrations in the night sky. The summer from Overscheduledville is far from over. Years of uncertainty and waiting and not getting a chance to wait still stand in front of me. But they seem more friendly now. As if they're reluctantly holding our their hands to welcome me. As if through sheer force of adorableness and unquenchable love, my Meg in the seat next to me had gotten my worst fears to get their act together.

I was/am/will always be content. I was/am/will always be beamy and the world was/is/will always be glowy. If Time had a pause button, I would have hit it then and placed something very heavy and unmovable on the button. I wish I could go back. But the week, month, year, and rest of my life all beckon me. I can only pray that God gives me so many of those peaceful, heavenly, content moments that I take them for granted. My life doesn't look easy, simple or even possible. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The tears I hold back are more than worth it when they flow out as joyful droplets. The future's far away. But it feels close enough to hug when I'm with my Meg, and in my Lord's arms.

I'll let them be my chorus. I'll keep going back to them since they're the whole purpose anyway. Excuse me. I have beaminess to be. Feel to join me and the crickets for the chorus.

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to pluck on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment