Thursday, July 21, 2011

100 things about me. None of which will be meaningful to you.

This girl named Meg did this quiz on her blog, so I'm replying with my answers. I hope to all goodness that they evoke a smile or two. Enjoy with the furvor of a thousand candles on a hilltop.


1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
It was this time at VBS as a child. I was on the playground. Somewhere between steps my footing got lost. I fell on my knee with every one of my 82 lbs right on the head of a nail. It hurt. I sat around for the rest of the week because of course it had to happen on Day 1 of VBS.

2. WHAT'S ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Various posters, skateboards, and pictures of my Meg. I should get into Interior Decorating. I really should.

3. DO YOU SNORE, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Both, I've been told. I also sleepwalk. Scary things happen when I do. Don't ask.

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Its sort of an eclectic mix. But mostly stuff in the electronic, alternative and rock genres. Also, anything that has the word "Indie" before those. I listen to way too much Indie music. If that doesn't give you a good idea, I listen to everything from Owl City to Micheal Buble to The Shins to Louis Armstrong.

5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
9:10 PM

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
In all honesty? I suppose lying is pointless. If I'm gonna lie I might as well not do this quiz. Anyway. What I want more than anything is to be able to set my diabolical plan into motion. Which one you ask? The one that ends with me on one knee.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
One word. It starts with "M" ends with "G" and has an "E" somewhere in the middle.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION (S)?
Detroit, my box, and my copy of Lord of The Rings

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
6'2"ish

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
A little bit

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
 I used to. Something about an overactive imagination...

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
       *pleads the fifth* What?! I didn't "lie."
13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
      Either Moths or abandonment. Probably being abandoned in a room full of moths thats made solely of pipes.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
       It doesn't matter overly much. Though I find myself leaning heavily towards brown for both. :)

15. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED AT?
       ...I don't see myself being proposed at... If you're asking where I plan on proposing, then thats a secret. Even to me at the moment. Im so indecisive.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
      Sobe

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
     MUSHROOMS!

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW WHAT WOULD IT BE?
      A Five Guys burger

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
     Orange. Its the best.'

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
    Cracker? Why yes, I have.

21. WHAT IS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU HAVE EVER RECEIVED?
My great aunt Trish gave me an antique underwater dining set which she had scrubbed with her own tongue for three straight years. In related news, my great aunt Trish is looking for a tongue donor and I'm looking for a new antique underwater dining set.          

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
       Yeah. And irony of all ironies, Its on the girl who wrote the sentence "No! Boys are stupid" which I had to delete to write this...

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
      No, but my pinky is pretty flexible.

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
     If I had to choose, I'd say Structure. I love their t-shirts.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAV MALE/FEMALE CELEBRITY?
        Russell Brand, Bob Barker, Dmitri Martin, Zachary Levi, or James Roday. Choose one, because I can't.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
       Shiloh. He's cute.

27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
      Either a dog or a cross between a moody teenager and an amoeba. With lots and lots of hair. A hairy amoeba. Are there hairy amoebas? I need to find out...

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
              Only with Meg. And it would kill me.

29. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ATTACKED BY A WILD ANIMAL?
       hmm... I almost let a wild alligator eat a marshmallow off my knee. Does that count?

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM 1 TO 100.
  18

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
    I am partial to a specific brunette. But not to either one of the colors themselves. I actually like both equally.

32. FAVORITE QUOTE.
"I love you, Nate," -Megan Mejia

33. FAVORITE PLACE.
       A green carpet on the floor of a kitchen in a house in Salem, NH. Also, a mystery place I can't give away.

34. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
       Nope.

35. YOUR WEAKNESS?
       Insecurity

36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
       uh...several bands, and a certain news reporter.

37. FIRST JOB?
      Derry Five Star Cinemas

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
     Nah. I laugh too much. They are fun to listen to though.

39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
   Not really, no.

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
      Reading as much as my poor weary brain could handle.

41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
     Mmhmm. They took my teeth and gave me drugs. I call it a unfair trade. They got ripped off.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
   In my head? Or in reality? Either my stunning good looks or my writing skills or my "niceness" or my odd clothing of the day.

43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
      ...Thanks for reminding me...

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
      Freedom.

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
       As many little Nates as Meg could possibly survive.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEBODY?
     My Dad. Ish.

47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
        Lack of clothing.

48. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU LIKED ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
       ...Learning that I have a talent and a passion and they happen to be the same thing.

49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
       Axe. I get told I smell great. Apparently, it works.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I'm writing it? Yes. When Im reading it? Not. At. All.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham and Roast Beef.

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
 I have habits. They annoy people. But I wouldn't call them "bad."

53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
Regarding a girl, yes. Other things? Not so much.

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
 Would I have the same personality? Are you asking me if my personality meshes with itself? I think so...

55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
I think its gonna be a crappy movie.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
 Not specifics. Not what other people think. Just if I find that certain someone attractive. (Which I do.) So Im content.

57. HOW DO YOU REALIZE ANGER?
I steam for a while and then forget about it.

58. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD DIE WITHOUT YOUR CELL PHONE?
Yup

59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
To live out God's will for my life

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
   My Buzz action figure

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
17. Im thinking of just adding one number every year. Maybe I'll even make it into an obnoxious game show. "Who Wants To Be On Some Shmuck's Phone Even Though He'll Never Acknowledge Your Existence?" I think we all know that we're witnessing the invention of the biggest hit in the game show world since, "Shop 'til You Drop."

62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
*hangs head in shame* He said he loved me... It wasn't very creepy then.

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Yes, but not on quizzes that expect me to. Im a rebel.

64. MASHED POTATOES OR MAC AND CHEESE?
Mac and Cheese

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
I'll give you three answers. You choose your favorite. 1. Meg. 2. A real love for God thats more important than everything else. 3. Someone who doesn't hate me. (That narrows things down more than you would expect.)

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
King Nate
N8 da Gr8
Clark Kent

67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER?
In theory or what I would choose? In theory, being psychic would be the most useful. But I've always had a soft spot for super speed. And flight. And super strength....

I want to be Superman, OK?!

68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Smallville. ( see above )

69.WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES?
There are two, I suppose. Either I ignore them to death. (believe me, it kills them.) Or I hum a ballad in their ear while they sleep. That doesn't kill them, but it does annoy them. Which is just as good.

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Grasshopper Pie

71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
*checks* So far...

72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
Sometimes. Not at this point in time though.

73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Besides taking a silly quiz merely because its not productive and I feel like I've been doing way too much producing lately? Not much.

74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER?
Portsmouth NH.

75. DO YOU WANT GWENYTH PALTROW TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
The original question was "Do you want everyone to answer these questions?" I found that to be a dumb question, plus Im not doing this on Facebook so it would have been awkward. As a result I decided to pick a random celebrity and ask if they would answer. Im not going to actually answer this question. Just explain it.

76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
The delighted sounds I'm making as I devour some mint ice cream.

77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Dr.Pepper

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
uh...My Mom, I believe.

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Smiles. ALWAYS smiles.

80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
IF I had spare time, every second of it would be spent next to my Meg in her arms. As that is not actually possible, I settle for writing most often.

81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like work.

82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR?
Summer, with Winter in a close second.

83.WHATS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY?
SKITTLES!

84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
Just one. I'm still surprised about the whole thing.

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Brown

86. EYE COLOR?
My birth records say "brown." I say "hazel." I've been told its an awesome color. *Shrugs*

87. SHOE SIZE?
13

88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
... I strongly dislike fast food...If I had to choose, itd be either Five Guys or Subway.

89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
I don't really have one...

90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Never tried it...

91. WATCH TV TODAY?
Nope.

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
June 11th

93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
I play guitar. At different points I have tried my hand at piano, violin, and the kazoo.

94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
Regarding politicians, I have no trust nor love for any of them regardless of their political persuasion. As far as theoretically speaking, Im somewhere between conservative and libertarian. Personally though, I find it all to be a pointless distraction.

95. KISSES OR HUGS?
hmm...Depends on my mood. If Im super sad, a hug from Meg or Madre is all I want. If Im happy, I've been known to enjoy kissing a certain girl.

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Shouldn't it be One Nightstand? And what does furniture have to do with relationships? Why just ONE nightstand? What if I have an extensive alarm clock collection?

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
A meal from Burger King. (See #88)

98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE?
ITS MY LIFELONG DREAM!

99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Several. The Bible, The Greatness of The Kindom, Half Brother, and The Secret Hour.

100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE:
Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment