Monday, November 7, 2011

This Giraffe Knows Where He's No Longer Stray (Unstrayified II)

It's a vast, empty world we live in. It's a lonely path I walk on. I'll be attracting a lot of attention, I imagine. With my pursuits, it's only natural. It's to be expected. People will be watching me. Others will be telling me how to live my life, and how I'm a failure. Pressures surround me. They crush me. After a while, it's gotten old and I've gotten bitter.

I'm caught up in it and lost in anger. That's not where I should be. My focus has been taken away from God. One step at a time, He's led me where He wants to. I've learned so much and grown even more. One thing after another, God has taken care of for me. It's like He's paving in front of my footsteps.

I'm not complaining. God has blessed me so much. So much more than I deserve. All that is another post. This is about the greatest blessing he's given me: my best friend.

I've mentioned her before.

Her name is Meg.

She's incredible. She's persistent and unbearably stubborn. That's good though. She's stubborn about loving me. Probably too stubborn for her own good.

You see, when I'm struggling to be in a good mood and because of chemical imbalances in my brain I can't, all she does is try to make me smile. She tells me that she loves me a thousand times. She grins. She does loving things. In short, that girl melts me. She scares away the stress. She promises it'll all work out.

I love her. So much.

I want the whole wide world to know that she is the best, most incredible girlfriend ever.

That's not a smitten, sappy guy talking. That's not someone who isn't thinking clearly because he's madly in love. I mean, I AM smitten, sappy, and madly in love with that girl, but that's not where this is coming from. I've had her in my life for a brief two years. In comparison with the rest of our lives together, we're just starting out. But I know she's amazing. I don't just say that as her boyfriend. I say that as her best friend. I say it as the person who knows her better and loves her more than anyone else. I say that as the person who knows all her deep, dark secrets. And as the person who has cried with, hugged to death, and survived so much with her.

Mostly, I say that as the man she'll marry.

I'm not just saying a tired, old line when I tell you that I'm the luckiest guy in the world. She REALLY loves me. She loves me so much. That young woman is everything to me. And she'd do anything for me.

I can't stop thanking God. He's blessed me so much. Of all the little and large things He's orchestrated all my life to get me here, the best one was that little piece of paper. The one that I wrote one little word on. The moment I said, "sure," was the best thing I've ever done. I'd say it was the best choice that I've ever made, but it wasn't a choice. You don't "choose" to love a girl like Meg. She forces your heart into love with nothing but a grin and those brown eyes that have more love than I've seen everywhere else.

I love her. I always will.

"Where it's all a blur
You are the hard line
In the disorder
You are the peace sign"

No comments:

Post a Comment