Friday, June 10, 2011

This most assuredly counts

Its here. One whole year. Meg and I are having our 1st Anniversary. I like how that sounds. MY anniversary. Its all the better since I have many more to come. Well, we do.

A year ago today, I woke up depressed. It was the worst morning of my life. I told Meg that we couldn't date right then. When I got off Facebook, I was so mopey and sad. I thought I'd have months or even a year to wait. But she was my best friend. And I wanted her to be mine so badly.

In my distressed state, I decided to go for a walk. A very long walk. It was a few miles and I was gone for well over an hour. I needed to think and pray. So I did both. By the end of the walk, I was finally coming to grips with things. I would wait because thats what God wanted from me.

Then I got home and logged onto Facebook to tell Meg about my attitude change. My life changed forever in that moment. I had misunderstood the answer. We could actually date. I was so happy. I can't even describe it. We were so relieved and so nervous. My hands shook the rest of that night. That was 365 days ago. Not much has changed.

Sure, we've grown up and learned a lot. We have been mad at each other. Some bad things have happened, but so have many good things. I can't think of a better way to spend my life than like this.

Dear Meg,

Be mine. Forever. Ok? Ok. I love you.

Love,
Nate

1 comment: